Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking Mechanical Engineers for our Mechanical Engineering Practice for positions in Boston, MA, Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, and the San Francisco Bay Area. In this role, you will work as part of a team, consulting on a wide variety of mechanical engineering issues involving solid/structural mechanics. Project applications may span oil and gas, utilities, consumer products, electronics, medical devices, transportation, aerospace, manufacturing technology, industrial equipment, construction and infrastructure, defense, food and beverage, healthcare, and more.
You will be responsible for:
- Interacting and communicating with internal and external clients
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Applying technical knowledge, creativity and innovation to solve problems
- Project management, coordination and execution
- Continued professional development
- Meeting deadlines and budget constraints
- Helping maintain a safe workplace
- Working within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent with focused thesis/coursework/project experience in solid mechanics, structural mechanics, stress analysis, machine design, vibration, manufacturing automation, or other comparable subject utilizing both experimental and computational methods
- 2 – 5 years’ post-graduate experience
- Evidence of novel contributions and initiative
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering and ability to apply mechanical engineering concepts to real-life applications
- Strong foundation in verbal and written communication
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.