Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer or Acoustical Engineer for our Mechanical Engineering Practice in Denver, CO. In this role, you will work as part of a team on mechanical engineering issues focused on vibration and acoustic analysis, noise control, and noise regulations. You will focus on conducting both field and analytical work including collection and evaluation of vibration and/or acoustic data, supporting other engineers in similar disciplines, and growing our business in this area.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating effectively with other engineers and technicians, managers, clients, and administrative reports
- Conducting hands-on failure analysis, planning and executing laboratory tests, performing calculations and analysis, and performing field inspections
- Assisting the other engineering practice groups within Exponent on as-needed basis, and supporting senior staff in project development and marketing
- Growing in the key aspects of consulting, including technical expertise and effective spoken and written communications, to develop a consulting practice serving clients both within and outside the firm
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with focused thesis/coursework/project experience in structural mechanics, dynamic analysis, vibrations, acoustics, or stress analysis
- Experience with data collection tools such as accelerometers, impact hammers, shakers, sound level meters, and/or load cells
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute
- Potential for technical and project managerial leadership
- Ability to convey technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal and related industries
- Desire to solve problems, work around roadblocks or setbacks, and contribute positively wherever asked
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links.
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.