Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer for our Vehicle Engineering Practice in Atlanta, GA In this role you will work as part of a team to analyze transportation and heavy equipment accidents, mechanical failures, and the evaluation of the design and safety of consumer and industrial products. You will have excellent technical skills, hands-on skills, communication skills, and be motivated to ultimately develop your own consulting practice and grow professionally within Exponent.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Engineering analysis
- Field and laboratory testing
- Original research
- Site, scene, vehicle and equipment inspections
- Preparing written reports and presenting results/findings to diverse audiences
- Overtime, after-hours work, and extensive travel is often required
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering field
- Field and/or lab measurement experience required
- Must have knowledge of dynamics, mechanical design, and 3D CAD (AutoCAD or Rhino3D preferred)
- Must have analytical and problem solving skills
- P.E. license or the willingness to obtain a P.E. license
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to synthesize and present technical information
- Clear written communication and technical writing skills are required
- Must have a proven dedication to quality and accuracy
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.