Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Industrial-Focused Statistical Data Scientist or Quality Engineer for our Data Sciences Practice in Bowie, MD. In this role, you will work as part of a team to identify quality and reliability improvements with customer systems and products using statistical methods and domain understanding. You will also support non-clinical work in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, so experience with small or large molecule development, immunogenicity, and manufacturing is a plus.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting clients investigate issues, solve problems, improve systems, and analyze data in a wide range of industries
- Developing statistical and mathematical models and methods to quantify, evaluate, and improve customer systems and products
- Implementing statistical methods for developing key product/performance dashboards to facilitate manufacturing improvements and robustness
- Measuring and providing guidance on the quality of products, systems, and organizations
- Assisting customers with drug optimization, assay development, stability analyses, and manufacturing improvements
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research or a related engineering/scientific field (such as Quality or Process)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience working in industrial settings or with industrial systems
- Pharmaceutical or biotech drug and assay development, manufacturing, and stability methodologies
- Strong practical experience analyzing large and diverse data sets, developing useful dashboards, and communicating technical quantitative and qualitative concepts to others
- Experience setting up, analyzing, and interpreting statistically designed experiments (DOE’s)
- Ability to understand complex supply chain, manufacturing, and IT systems
- Comfortable applying and explaining statistical concepts related to quality control and quality assurance
- Practical knowledge and application of statistical reliability principles
- Ability to analyze equipment and process performance and variability
- Practical knowledge of process control strategies and technology
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean concepts
- Experience with many of the following is preferred: JMP, Minitab, Python, SAS and R
- Our contracts with the United States Government for this position require proof of U.S. citizenship and the possession of or ability to obtain a U.S. public trust security clearance
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.