Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking Geotechnical Engineers/Associates for our Civil Engineering Practice for the following office locations: Los Angeles, CA, Irvine, CA, Oakland, CA, Natick, MA, Denver, CO. In this role you will work as part of a team responsible for the inspection, analysis, and evaluation of root causes of failures of geotechnical systems (e.g., foundations, retaining walls, excavation support systems, levees, dams, and slopes).
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting field inspections
- Assisting with peer review of geotechnical systems
- Evaluating construction claims
- Preparing conceptual designs for the repair/restoration of damaged geotechnical systems
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering specializing in Geotechnical Engineering from an accredited university or M.S. plus 5 years’ experience
- Degrees, experience or related coursework in Geology/Geological Engineering, Groundwater/Surface Water Hydrology or Structural Engineering a strong plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and potential to develop successful client relations
- Attention to detail, dedication to quality and accuracy, desire to work in a fast paced environment, and effective leadership skills
- Ability to work independently or support multiple group projects and to interact with other engineers, administrative staff, and clients
- Ability to gather information from a wide variety of sources (e.g., field investigations, document reviews, and interviews) and to synthesize and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and industry
- Knowledge of geotechnical modeling software, graphing software and imaging software a strong plus
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.