Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer for our Thermal Sciences Practice in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team supporting and conducting complex technical evaluations and investigations.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating the performance of fire protection, fire detection, and life safety systems
- Reviewing fire protection codes and standards
- Conducting laboratory assessments of material flammability
- Performing engineering calculations and analysis
- Conducting field work
- Preparing proposals and technical reports, and presenting findings to clients
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Fire Protection Engineering, Combustion, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on combustion
- Strong technical background in fire dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and combustion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in executing experimental programs
- Strong desire and ability to tackle a wide variety of problems within and outside their direct area of expertise
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.