Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer for our Thermal Sciences Practice in Bowie, MD.
You will be responsible for:
- Working in teams on complex interdisciplinary problems, often with tight deadlines
- Performing outstanding technical work for clients to include:
- National, state, and local fire and building code reviews
- Analysis of active and passive fire protection systems
- Laboratory experimental design, construction, and coordination of testing
- Fire and explosion investigations including hands on experience in the field
- Preparing proposals and technical reports, and presenting findings to clients
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- M.S., M.Eng., M.E., or Ph.D. in Fire Protection Engineering
- Strong technical background in thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and combustion
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire and ability to tackle a wide variety of problems within and outside direct area of expertise
- Demonstrated leadership skills and proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
- Prior experience with prescriptive and/or performance-based analysis and application of codes and standards published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Code Council (ICC), American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Underwriters Laboratories (UL), and similar
- Industry experience, including co-op, work study or internship related to Fire Protection Engineering strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience in fire protection system design, installation, inspection, testing and maintenance preferred
- Successfully taken and passed Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exam preferred
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.