Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking Environmental Chemists for our Environmental & Earth Sciences Practice in Maynard, MA. In this role, you will work as part of a team providing a high-level of of support to clients and the consultants in the Environmental and Earth Sciences Practice involving geologic and hydrogeologic analyses, evaluation of contaminant transport and fate, environmental forensics, and evaluation of remedial actions. The ideal candidate will have experience in environmental engineering, environmental chemistry, and/or the geosciences.
You will be responsible for:
- Evaluating contaminant transport and fate, including use of calculation methods, as well as analytical and numerical models
- Analyzing environmental forensic information
- Supporting multidisciplinary project teams on complex, challenging problems
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including conference presentations and journal publications, to improve professional visibility
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Geologic Engineering
- Two – five years of consulting experience is a plus
- Expertise in geology, hydrogeology and contaminant transport and fate analyses
- Demonstrated experience with fate and transport analysis, data analysis, federal/state environmental regulations, and/or environmental forensics
- Direct experience with the per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) chemistry is a plus
- Must have strong technical skills as shown by project experience and/or publication record
- Project management experience including tracking of milestones and deliverables is a plus
- Strong interest in career and professional development within a dynamic consulting environment
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently, and manage time effectively
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity, equity and inclusion across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.