Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 1100 staff members work in 30 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 900 consultants, including more than 550 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent’s Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice is currently seeking Engineers/Scientists in our offices in Menlo Park, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Chicago, IL, New York, NY, and Bowie, MD.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing electrical/electronic/power/optical engineering analyses consulting related to ongoing Exponent work
- Performing reliability and failure analysis related to electrical/electronic/power/optical systems and components, battery systems, and conducting design reviews of consumer electronics
- Investigating and evaluating electrocution/electric shock hazards regarding electrical devices, equipment and installations
- Developing test protocols and applying existing standards for testing of electronic devices and systems
- Developing new software tools and analyzing/improving existing software
- Preparing technical proposals, pursuing business developments, and designing, supervising, and managing laboratory testing
- Critically assessing test results, methods of analysis and testing protocols, generating new testing protocols based on new product designs, maintaining a systematic approach to data collection and storage, and writing reports
Qualifications for this position include:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Applied Physics
- Technical background in Power Systems, Electronics, Controls, Circuit Design, Embedded Systems, or Optics
- Technical background in any of the following disciplines:
- Power Systems, Electronics, Optics, Controls, Circuit Design, or Embedded Systems
- Electromagnetics, Automotive Systems (including batteries), Medical Devices, Power Generation, or a related field
- MEMS and/or Semiconductor Fabrication, Solid State Devices, or Fabrication Process Development
- Nanoscience, Condensed Matter, Experimental Physics, Biophysics, and Computational Physics
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Instrumentation and Design, or a related field
- Software Development, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, or Digital Forensics
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages and software architecture preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and related industry
- Ability to support multiple group projects and market the Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice and its consulting services
- Experience in failure analysis, manufacturing, reliability, safety, semiconductors, or material science is a plus
Check out our Grad Student page to learn more about life at Exponent, including testimonials, FAQs, and alumni from your school!
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.