Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Shanghai, China. In this role, you will work as part of a team to perform a wide array of investigations ranging from electric power systems to semiconductor devices. Exponent’s Electrical Engineers have extensive experience in the areas of accident investigations, component and printed circuit board failure analysis, semiconductor device failure investigations, electrical equipment failures, electric equipment fire investigations, electric motors and generators, power electronic systems for industrial and electric utility applications, power supplies and batteries, among many others.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting failure analysis and design reviews of consumer electronics
- Performing on-site investigative analysis related to product failure
- Performing factory/manufacturing auditing and engineering analyses for consumer electronics
- Developing test protocols and applying existing standards for testing of electronic devices and systems
- Developing control software for custom test automation systems
- Managing and executing complex projects
- Communicating findings to clients both written and verbally
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related field
- Preferred specific expertise includes electronic components, integrated circuits, power electronic design, or systems integration and control for electrical systems
- Experience in failure analysis, manufacturing or reliability of electronic components or systems is a plus
- Hands-on experience with electronics bench designing, testing and debugging is a must
- Must possess effective leadership skills with the ability to interact with managers, engineers, attorneys and other administrative staff
- Relocation to Shanghai, China
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin) or have significant experience doing business in China
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.