Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist for our Data Sciences Practice in Los Angeles, CA. In this role, your primary work will revolve around helping Exponent’s team rapidly implement and iterate algorithms, analyses, and visualizations to support clients in the consumer electronics, utilities, and life sciences.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting a range of consulting activities related to large-scale network problems involving civil infrastructure, including model development, data analysis, and visualization
- Developing cloud-based storage and computation solutions including client-facing visualizations of key decision metrics
- Actively solving technical and logistical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Working with interdisciplinary teams comprised of consultants from Data Sciences, Buildings & Structures, Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors, etc.
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related engineering/scientific field (such as Applied Mathematics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Applied Physics)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Machine learning
- Geospatial analysis
- Operations optimization
- Data Engineering
- Data Analysis and Visualization
- The desire to work with a diverse set of clients and engage in work outside of the traditional data science field
- Proficiency with 2 or more of the following: Python, R, C++, SQL, and Linux (RH 7+)
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and web services
- Experience building dashboards with at least 1 of the following is preferred: Tableau or Power BI
- Experience developing software for a range of platforms (PCs, mobile, embedded devices, etc.) is preferred
- Strong practical engineering ability combined with leadership and project management skills
- Prior experience with civil infrastructure (such as electric, gas, or water utilities) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.