Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Biomedical Associate with a mechanical focus for our Biomedical Engineering Practice in Philadelphia, PA. In this role you will work as part of a team applying fundamental principles of mechanical engineering to solve difficult technical problems for our clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing specific projects related to a variety of mechanical engineering and medical device applications, including the design and performance of medical devices, consumer products, and consumer electronics
- Designing and implementing custom experimental methods to address unique problems related to the mechanical performance of products/structures
- Assessing biomaterials and medical implants using experimental and computational tools, including finite element analysis
- Performing technical evaluations, analysis, and testing on the behalf of multinational medical device companies for regulatory submissions and consulting on intellectual property and product liability litigation
- Publishing at conferences and in peer-reviewed literature
- Assisting in marketing the Biomedical Engineering Practice’s technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
- Developing additional expertise and gaining additional industry exposure through our unique technical consulting services
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, or a related engineering field with focused thesis/coursework/project experience in solid mechanics and/or structural mechanics
- Demonstrated capabilities in the areas of computational mechanics, experimental mechanics and research methods, instrumentation, and/or mechanical design
- Experience which is applicable to medical devices and/or familiarity with mechanical testing of implants, biomaterials, and human/animal tissue is desirable
- Ability to work on diverse technical teams made up of mechanical engineers, biomedical engineers, electrical engineers, materials scientists, statisticians, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the desire to be a strong technical and project contributor
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.