Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate/Engineer for our Mechanical Engineering Practice in our Natick, MA office. You will be expected to grow in the key aspects of consulting, including technical expertise and effective spoken and written communications, to develop a consulting practice serving clients both within and outside the firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Communicating effectively with other engineers, managers, clients, and administrative reports
- Conducting hands-on failure analysis
- Planning and executing laboratory tests
- Performing calculations and analysis
- Creating written reports and presentations
- Performing field inspections
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Engineering Mechanics and/or similar fields
- Hands-on experience with machine fabrication and prototyping
- Hands-on experience with basic laboratory equipment and instrumentation as well as the ability to independently design and execute experiments
- Experience with engineering related software, for example: LabView, Matlab, MathCAD, Solidworks, Autocad
- Experience with mechanical material characterization such as universal testing machines (e.g. Instron, MTS) is a plus
- Specialized knowledge in machine design is preferred
- Familiarity with photography is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project ownership characteristics that include resourcefulness, technical curiosity to apply skills to address a broad range of applications, attention to detail, technical rigor and quality
- Ability to work within project teams with a strong desire to contribute, interest in demonstrating technical and project managerial leadership as well as applying entrepreneurial aptitude and drive to seek new client relationships to grow a client base
- Potential for technical and project managerial leadership
- Must be able to effectively convey complex technical information to individuals in engineering, business, legal and related industries
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.