Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.’s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking an Associate for our Biomechanics Practice in Farmington Hills, MI. In this role you will work as part of a team executing biomechanics projects related to human injury analyses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing biomechanics projects related to human injury analyses
- Analyzing and synthesizing technical biomechanical data involving kinematics, dynamics, mechanisms of injury, and human tolerance
- Using analytical tools
- Clearly communicating findings via written reports and verbal means
- Managing projects with effective cost control measures
- Assisting in conducting research, publishing reports and papers in technical journals, and presenting findings at meetings and conferences
- Actively participating in our Biomechanics Practice and assisting in marketing the groups technical capabilities to clients and the scientific community
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Biomechanics Engineering, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Relevant experience or research related to conducting technical analyses concerning the causation of physical injuries resulting from incidents involving motor vehicles, industrial equipment, and/or consumer products desired, but not required
- Excellent written communication skills
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of professionals, including managers, engineers, attorneys, and administrative staff
To learn more about life at Exponent, check out our Graduate Students page at www.exponent.com/careers/grad-students!
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.