We are looking to fill Engineer 1 or Engineer 2 position working as a full-time employee of ExecuPharm / Parexel FSP on long-term assignment onsite at one of our clients located in Rahway, NJ. This position offers full benefits, sick time, 401K, paid holidays, and paid time off. If interested, please send an electronic copy of your resume to dKintzley@execupharm.com. This position does not offer sponsorship.
BS and/or MS in Chemical Engineering from an accredited college/university
o Engineer 1 – BS degree
o Engineer 2 – MS degree or BS degree with 1-2 years of industry experience
Required Skills Engineer 1 or 2:
Ability to work in the lab with a variety of chemicals (including wet and dry powders), use an array of laboratory equipment, and write clear and concise reports
Proficiency with computers including experience with local and web-based software
- Experience with execution of crystallization and drying experiments
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
Additional Required Skills Engineer 2:
Experience with GMP activities
- In addition to execution of clearly defined experiments, capacity to analyze experimental data set and outline next steps for system/product optimization
- Hands on processing experience, with aptitude for complex equipment trains requiring attention to conditions to ensure safe operation and acceptable product quality attributes
- Familiarity with systems required to purchase and service lab equipment
Desired Skills Engineer 1 or 2:
- Experience with analytical tools common to API isolation (i.e., FBRM, PVM, mass spectrometry and Raman spectroscopy)
- Experience with laboratory methodologies used for assessment of the sensitivity of solids to mechanical stress (i.e., agitation cell and mixer torque rheometer methodologies)
- Familiarity with statistical experimental design (i.e., Design of Experiments)
- Experience with solids handling within a ventilated balance enclosure
Additional Desired Skills Engineer 2:
- Capacity to work with an array of analytical equipment to identify and develop new methods for characterizing product properties
- Understanding of enabling technologies used to improve performance of insoluble compounds, including nanocrystalline systems and amorphous solid dispersions, with familiarity of API phase maps
Develop processes specifically around API isolation, drying, and particle physical attribute control.
Execute technologies in drug substance development, including use of automated crystallization systems and drying platform tools
Work with sub-gram quantities of material at the bench scale to a few kilograms of material at the Unit Operations and Preplab scales utilizing the wet and dry processing equipment within these labs (i.e., drying milling equipment, thin film evaporator, etc.)
Develop new technologies focused on improving the efficiency of drying process development and establishing methodologies that lead to enhanced process understanding
Operation of Easymax and Optimax reactor systems
This role may be subject to government and/or customer requirements regarding vaccination against COVID-19 that are more stringent than Parexel policy. Accordingly, successful applicants may need to be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
ExecuPharm is the North American clinical operations business within Parexel FSP, which includes the CMC Operations group. We provide pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies with qualified and talented technical professionals to support the development and delivery of new therapies.
For results-driven and caring individuals who want to make a meaningful difference in the world, Parexel is trusted by life sciences companies to meet their long-term staffing needs for scientists and engineers and related professionals in discovery and development of novel therapies, keeping patients at the center of everything we do, and where an inclusive community helps you be your best, transforming any career into a life-changing achievement.
Come join us!