We are looking to fill a Scientist 1 or 2– Biologics Downstream Process Development position working as a full-time employee of ExecuPharm / Parexel FSP on long-term assignment onsite at one of our clients located in Kenilworth, NJ. This position offers full benefits, sick time, 401K, paid holidays, and paid time off. If interested, please send a word copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org>. This position does not offer any sponsorship.
- Independently execute high-throughput chromatographic purification to support process development of programs at various stages in the pipeline
- Complete analytical characterization of purified samples using HPLC/UPLC based methods
- Perform lab scale chromatography and filtration experiments
- Documentation of results in laboratory notebooks and contribute to technical reports
- Collaborate with upstream process development and process analytical groups, coordinating submission schedules with multiple stakeholders
- Contribute to a safe and compliant laboratory work environment
Education Minimum Requirement: BS in chemical engineering, biological sciences, microbiology, structural biology, or related field
- Scientist 1 B.S./B.A. (< 1 yr exp)
- Scientist 2 B.S./B.A. (1-2 yrs exp)
Required Skills and Experience
- Basic understanding of biochemical/biophysical properties of proteins
- Knowledge of analytical characterization methods for proteins, particularly HPLC or UPLC-based separations methods such as size exclusion or ion exchange chromatography
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Rigorous documentation of data in electronic lab notebooks is a requirement
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge or experience with lab automation tools like robotic liquid handlers such as TECAN
- Knowledge or experience with purification unit operations (chromatography, filtration)
This role may be subject to government and/or customer requirements regarding vaccination against COVID-19 that are more stringent than Parexel policy. Accordingly, successful applicants may need to be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved religious or medical exemption. Employment is contingent on disclosure of your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if relevant, proof of vaccination.
ExecuPharm is the North American clinical operations business within Parexel FSP, which includes the CMC Operations group. We provide pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies with qualified and talented technical professionals to support the development and delivery of new therapies.
For results-driven and caring individuals who want to make a meaningful difference in the world, Parexel is trusted by life sciences companies to meet their long-term staffing needs for scientists and engineers and related professionals in discovery and development of novel therapies, keeping patients at the center of everything we do, and where an inclusive community helps you be your best, transforming any career into a life-changing achievement.
Come join us!