Etegent Technologies is a rapidly growing, aerospace and defense technology company with facilities in Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio. We are a multi-disciplinary mix of engineers, scientists and computer science professionals with a passion for developing and commercializing technology solutions that address our customer’s most significant challenges and opportunities; we strive to change the way people think and work. Etegent has three primary groups: NLign, Mechanical Systems (MSG) and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), that are tackling a variety of problems such as data management, 3D printing, sensor exploitation, automatic target recognition, and many more.
Etegent is seeking Research Scientists to work in a team environment with Etegent teammates, customers, and other researchers. We partner with leading academic institutions, government organizations and commercial entities, to form world-class teams. We design and implement solutions using signal and image processing, statistical pattern recognition, deep learning including “low shot” or “rare object” techniques and signature simulation. We apply these technologies to a variety of sensed data (SAR, ISAR, GMTI, HSI, LIDAR, EO, PIR) that is often in the form of massive, diverse sets. Our solutions often require real-time exploitation of large frame/high frame rate data on GPU arrays and other optimized, integrated software and hardware systems.
Activities and Responsibilities:
· Research and gather knowledge and data and execute analyses necessary for product and organizational direction.
· Be the Expert – lead and guide research initiatives to drive successful program and project implementation and identify potential opportunities with customers.
- Take lead in writing proposals and general business capture activities.
- Organize and present research findings at technical interchange meetings and conferences.
· Foster and inspire new ideas and concepts among the team.
- Lead a research team to successfully execute research projects according to a project schedule.
- Develop and implement novel, innovative, state-of-the art techniques for signature exploitation. This includes traditional feature extraction and deep learning approaches.
- Implement efficient signal/image processing techniques including radar signal processing, electro-optical and infrared image processing.
· Algorithm development, parallel processing, and large data handling.
- Utilize computer science concepts such as: peer-to-peer networking, XML/XSL transformations, database design and mining, UI development, algorithm development, parallel processing, and large data handling.
· Provide expertise in data analytics and algorithm development supporting the integration and analysis of diverse data sources and develop machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms for pattern recognition and anomaly detection.
- Assist in monitoring and directing project schedules, resources, and costs.
- Previous related experience either in an academic or professional setting. We are open to new graduates or seasoned professionals, as long as there is related experience.
- MS or PhD in the fields of Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Applied Math, or Statistics.
- Proficiency with contemporary engineering/R&D computer tools.
- Previous experience in algorithm design and development.
- Experience with Python.
- History of technical presentations and publications in relevant fields.
· Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
· Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific research projects.
- Applicant must be eligible to receive a U.S. Security Clearance which at a minimum requires applicant to be a US Citizen. See: Executive Order 12968 indicates U.S. Citizenship requirement to obtain a security clearance.
- 4+ years of work experience in applied research & development environments.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks.
- Experience with signature modeling tools such as Xpatch, DIRSIG, and Blender.
- Experience with remote sensing data products such as radar, HSI, LIDAR.
- Experience with software development in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with MATLAB, Java, C/C++, CUDA, or parallel processing.
- Previous experience working with AFRL, NASIC, AFLCMC, or other government agencies.
- Track record of maintaining successful relationships and developing business with a variety of R&D customers.
- Proposal writing experience.
- Existing security clearance.
Working at Etegent:
At Etegent, you’ll be a part of a fast-growing organization that combines a small-company family feel with big-company resources and opportunities. We work hard, but we also want you to play hard. Which is why in addition to your competitive salary, medical/dental/vision plan, and a generous annual company 401(k) contribution, you’ll enjoy the following perks:
- Flexibility: Not a morning person? No problem. We only ask that you begin your day by 10:00am.
- Casual Dress: Don’t be fooled by the casual clothes and laid-back atmosphere. We’re changing the world around here!
- Professional Development: Continuous learning on us. Reimbursement provided for up to 100% of qualifying education expenses.
- Food: Keep your energy levels up with our well-supplied snack and beverage kitchen and enjoy a weekly lunch with your talented colleagues on Free Lunch Fridays.
- Fun employee events