ERM is seeking an entry-level Environmental Due Diligence Consultant to join our Transaction Services technical team in Irvine, California. In this role, you will provide technical assistance on due diligence transaction projects for multi-national clients, while working across ERM’s Performance & Assurance and Contaminated Site Management technical teams on related follow-on project tasks.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join our globally recognized M&A Transaction Services team, voted ‘Environmental Advisor of the Year’ by Acquisitions Monthly.
- Assist performing environmental due diligence projects for industrial and commercial transactions, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards.
- Assist providing consulting advice to industry and legal clients.
- Assist preparing concise reports that assess potential environmental liability risks, and compliance and operational status at manufacturing facilities.
- Assist implementing Phase II site assessments, including field work and sampling activities.
- Assist performing environmental compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities, and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist providing general environmental compliance support to clients, including on site as needed.
- Assist performing multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, environmental science, business administration, or related discipline.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in environmental consulting, working on environmental due diligence projects.
- Solid knowledge of ASTM Phase I standards, understanding of core business and legal concepts of business transactions, and continued interest in working on transactions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!