ERM is seeking a motivated Staff Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management Systems & Compliance Consultant who is interested in participating on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services, to join our consulting firm in Irvine, CA. In this role, you will work closely with Project Managers on EHS compliance, sustainability, and due diligence transaction projects. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM’s international Management Systems & Compliance experts provide knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team.
- Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance, sustainability, site investigation, and due diligence transaction projects.
- Prepare plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Perform EHS compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general EHS compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Perform Phase I environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Conduct environmental field work, including groundwater, soil, sediment, and surface water sampling and ecological field studies.
- Conduct inspections to verify EHS compliance at customer sites
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- BS in engineering, environmental science, occupational health and safety, or related discipline. Masters a plus; Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- EIT, ASP, CHMM certifications or similar is desirable.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!