ERM is hiring a Staff Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our team in St. Louis.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects and programs for clients in the Technology sector. This role will involve supporting ERM’s multi-disciplinary environmental permitting and compliance assessments that require working knowledge of state and Federal requirements.
This role will engage ERM’s team of experts in sharing and developing best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with a global consulting firm in assisting a diverse set of clients with challenging business needs.
- Participate as a field team member on a range of projects; specific areas of focus may include stormwater compliance under the Industrial General Permit and/or Construction General Permit, multi-disciplinary environmental compliance including State-specific plans (e.g. Hazardous Material Business Plan [HMBP]), air permitting and others.
- Perform fieldwork such as stormwater sampling, inspections, hazardous waste audits, compilation of waste and chemical inventories, on-site environmental compliance support, and other field-based assignments to support compliance-based documents and plans.
- Interact and communicate with clients and ERM employees.
- Promote a culture of safety, collaboration and excellence.
- Minimum 0-5 years of environmental compliance experience
- BA or BS in environmental science or engineering or related discipline.
- Valid driver’s license in a US State.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply environmental regulations and agency guidance documents.
- Exposure to environmental permitting and compliance experience; preferably in the following areas: conducting stormwater inspections, analytical and visual monitoring, reporting; writing and updating stormwater plans/SWPPPs, managing and updating State-specific environmental requirements.
- Strong analytical and computational skills to solve technical problems and implement effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – including technical writing experience.
- Strong self-management skills including time management and organization.
- Strong MS Office computer skills, with an advanced understanding of PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to clients as needed.
- Apply a collaborative approach and enjoy teaming with colleagues around the world.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude, motivated to deliver outstanding client service and grow the business.
- The ability to travel 50+% regionally and to work in a physically demanding position (e.g., kneel, squat).
- Be physically able to:
- Squat/kneel in order to collect storm water samples.
- Walk on grass/unpaved terrain (e.g., less than 50 yards) in order to collect stormwater samples.
- Carry up to 10 lbs. of equipment.
- Work and travel in rainy conditions.