ERM is seeking a motivated Environmental Biologist/Ecologist/Scientist to join our global consulting firm as a Consultant I in our growing Environmental Impact Assessment team in Houston, Texas, Austin, Texas or New Orleans, Louisiana offices. As a new consultant at ERM, you will gain a wealth of experience across different sectors, clients, geographies and services, all of which will help build your future career path at ERM.
In this role, you will work closely with ERM Project Managers and Partners on a variety of environmental permitting, due diligence, and impact assessment projects to support our oil and gas, power, chemical, and low carbon / renewable energy sector clients. ERM’s collaborative culture provides knowledge sharing of best practices and ongoing learning opportunities for our consultants, allowing you to build your own individualized career path.
- With appropriate guidance and supervision, provide creative and fit-for-purpose technical analyses in your own field of specialization and support additional analyses outside of your area of specialization working collaboratively with subject matter experts in other fields and with other technical backgrounds.
- Provide technical assistance on a wide range of capital infrastructure and other projects including preparation of environmental assessments and environmental impact statements under the National Environmental Policy Act, environmental due diligence services, habitat assessments, wetland delineations and reports, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, and other related environmental documents.
- Perform project delivery activities such as conducting field surveys, collecting and organizing field survey data, performing research/ literature reviews, writing reports, and developing strategies and recommendations for clients.
- Conduct tasks related to environmental assessments that include but are not limited to land use planning/facility siting, pipeline and/or transmission line routing studies, renewable energy desktop and field-based environmental assessments and reporting, and development of permit matrices and risk assessments.
- Assist in preparation of project-specific compliance management plans in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local requirements.
- Perform multi-media permitting and compliance documentation with an emphasis on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Marine Fisheries Service, and various state and local agencies.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments and develop a basic understanding of project management responsibilities.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to deliver exceptional client value on projects.
- Work as an integral part of the Impact Assessment team and support the goals of the team.
- BS in environmental science, biology, natural resources, or related discipline.
- 1-3 years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships.
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Willingness and desire to support field assignments between 20% and 50% of the time.
- Ability to travel regionally up to 50%
- Familiarity with field survey techniques and wetland delineations highly desired.
- Detail-oriented with excellent critical thinking and trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports and building tables and spreadsheets (including tabulation and manipulation of data).
- Ability to engage in multifaceted and dynamic situations and to collaborate with a team of experts to support work through the lifecycle of a project.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attributes to become a strong consultant: team player, eagerness to learn and grow, self-starter who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality.
- Highly organized with keen eye for detail, but with the ability to maintain the big picture.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of GIS desired but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Who We Are:
- As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
- At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
- Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
- ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!