ERM is seeking a Management Systems Compliance Consultant to join to join our team in our Philadelphia, PA or Washington, DC office. The successful candidate will work on a variety of challenging projects for clients across a wide range of industry sectors, with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. These may range from tactical EHS auditing support, to enterprise-wide EHS management system design and implementation. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging management systems projects for large multinational clients. Working with ERM provides access to a global network of subject matter experts, international work and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
- Design and support the implementation of EHS policies, standards and programs for clients, designed to enable clients to manage compliance, manage risk, and improve performance.
- Manage multiple project tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality on project deliverables.
- Engage with clients in assessing regulatory compliance across various EHS programs and environmental media, and working with clients to develop and implement effective and innovative solutions to compliance needs and challenges.
- Participate as a team member or project manager on EHS management system development projects, assessing clients’ existing management systems for effectiveness (and identifying potential improvements) and developing EHS managements systems ‘from scratch’ based on industry best practice.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Prepare proposals and participate in business development activities with existing and new clients.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Stay knowledgeable of trends in the EHS management field.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, industrial hygiene, or related science degree.
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience relevant to the responsibilities described above.
- Direct experience with developing and implementing corporate-level EHS management systems following the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle; experience with ISO 14001 implementation a plus.
- Experience developing and delivering world-class EHS program solutions, and passionate about EHS performance improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop clear, succinct and effective documented deliverables.
- Experience working at or with plant level operations, as well as experience working at or with corporate level EHS, is desirable.
- Strong MS Office computer skills.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to clients as needed. Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative approach, enjoy teaming with EHS colleagues around the world.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude; motivated to deliver outstanding client service and growing the business.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!