Our Exciting Opportunity:
Imagine your work and creativity positively impacting the way billions of people communicate with each other. That’s the impact of 5G on our world. The number of people connected through 5G is expected to grow to 5+ billion by the end of this decade. Ericsson has a vision for making this a reality, and they need people like you to implement the real hardware.
Ericsson’s COT organization is starting with a clean sheet of paper and developing state of the art engineering solutions taking advantage of latest tools and technologies available. The COT organization has focus areas spanning SOC design, IP design, CAD methodology and Product engineering. SOC design will be focused on integrating IP from both internal and external vendors to deliver complex radio/baseband systems. IP design focusses on physical design of key innovation IP developed internally. CAD methodology focusses on defining flows, automation and methods for ASIC physical design. Product engineering focusses on characterization of silicon and product bring-up.
Joining the fledgling COT organization, you will get access to established engineering mentors who will help bootstrap your knowledge on physical design. The organization will provide opportunities with an emphasis on career development. You will get the opportunity to partner with engineers across multiple disciplines targeting design tradeoffs. As a physical design engineer, you will transform specification from Register Transfer Level (RTL) to silicon CMOS circuitry implemented using advanced process nodes. You will use state of the art EDA technology for optimizing physical design metrics like power, performance and area (PPA).
- A BS in Electrical OR Computer Engineering from an accredited four-year institution.
- Excellent knowledge of digital logic design
- Good understanding of digital integrated circuits and VLSI systems
- Proficiency with problem solving
- Excellent knowledge in programming languages such as C++/TCL/Python
- Familiarity with version control systems like git
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English