At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
UX Design Internship – Fortnite
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games is looking for talented UX Design Interns, working across multiple projects on Fortnite. In this position, you will have a role in designing gameplay features and UI by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will work with engineers and artists to ship these features to millions of users. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of user-centered design, an understanding of effective Game, Mobile, and Engine systems, as well as knowledge of game specific UX design.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing features
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes and documentation
- Present and pitch new designs to product managers and developers
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to redesign existing features
- Advocate for goals and UX problem resolution between teams
- Online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with strong visual direction and interaction design required
- Ability to create wireframes and prototypes
- Experience with prototyping software
- Knowledge of UX design processes
- Ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as priorities changes
- Experience with game engines is a plus
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!