Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite Technical Animation Team is looking for a creative Technical Animation Intern to join them in 2022. In this talented team of veteran and emerging artists you’ll collaborate across teams, and contribute directly to Fortnite! Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other artists to make positive changes to models, movements, and tools. The heart of this role is rigging and skinning Epic’s never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Help to create and maintain Rigs and Simulation for a variety of Fortnite’s characters and assets
- Setting up assets in Unreal Engine; including cloth, physics, blueprints
- Work alongside Fortnite’s Artists and Animators to solve problems and deliver high quality rigs
- Work closely with several mentors to develop and grow as a Technical Animator
- Must provide a strong demo reel that demonstrates knowledge of fundamental rigging principles
- Well versed with rigging assets in Maya and comfortable using Unreal Engine
- Experience with Blueprints
- Understanding of Simulation Systems in engine (Cloth, Physics, Anim Dynamics)
- Attention to aesthetic detail, especially with regards to character deformation and physics movement
- Positive individual with strong written communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for game development and Epic Games products
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.