Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite FX Team is looking for a driven, creative FX Artist Intern to join them in 2022. This team is responsible for creating and crafting the VFX for Fortnite across all platforms from mobile to high end PC. This varies from cosmetics to gameplay and in-game events. You will work directly with the wizards that bring the world of Fortnite to life as well as get a chance to work with the future of VFX in Unreal Engine with Niagara.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Creating cosmetic FX for Fortnite, such as backbling and pickaxe FX
- Working on gameplay driven FX for Fortnite, such as fire/water elements
- Chance to work on in-game events for Fortnite – end of season events and live concerts
- Working with Niagara and help shape the future FX tools in Unreal Engine
- Candidates are required to provide a portfolio of FX projects. If you do not submit a portfolio your application will not be reviewed
- Ability to make good quality FX using Unreal Engine in either Cascade or Niagara
- Competency in UE Material Editor or equivalent package
- Knowledge of Maya and Houdini
- A good sense of timing, shape language and color use
- Passion for game development and Epic Games products
- Ability to absorb and learn from creative feedback
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date.. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.