Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Support Proposal Generation/Preliminary Engineering
Assist and generate proposals including preliminary design (proposal level) and development of combustion, pollution control, and basic control equipment. Responsible for technical analysis, proposal writing, support of Sr. engineers, and to provide direction and review of drafting.
2. Perform Engineering Analyses
Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis tools. Perform mass balance, static, fluid dynamic, and thermodynamic analyses with support of senior staff.
3. Fabrication and Testing Support
Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
4. Prepare Documentation.
Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design. Generate and present design review packages for internal and external audiences.
5. Field support
Support field commissioning, testing, demonstrations, and sales support.
6. Computational fluid dynamics modeling
Develop proficiency with Ansys Fluent and associated numerical analyses to model combustion and pollutant chemistry, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics in industrial, utility, and other applications.
BS or MS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering at an ABET accredited university or college (Please provide transcript).
Ability to travel up to 20% within the U.S.
· Ability to undertake relevant research
· Ability to take a hands-on role
· Present designs to managers and clients
· High mechanical aptitude
· Writing reports and documentation
· Analyzing and interpreting data.
· Ability to work under pressure
· Problem-solving skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to work independently and under direction of others.
· Ability to perform basic thermal / dynamic analysis to ensure good design
· Academic/Commercial Experience in 2D and 3D Modeling and/or computational fluid dynamics modeling is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance