What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You are a versatile, self-motivated professionally who enjoys rolling up your sleeves to contribute to the overarching goals. You enjoy a fast-paced environment where you also get to learn and grow in the role. You follow up and follow through, connecting problems with solutions efficiently. You are a good communicator and enjoy collaborating with others both inside and outside of the organization.
In this role you will support the purification of recombinant proteins and protein-peptide conjugates for in vitro and in vivo studies. You will be responsible for the purification of various constructs and ensuring the appropriate quality control tests are completed to support construct screening and material generation. You’ll work side-by-side with biologics discovery, upstream, analytical, and pharmacology team members to identify the lead candidate and nominate candidate selections. You will also help to coordinate with local or international CDMOs and consultants to support pre-IND and IND enabling studies. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to contribute to scientific publications and regulatory submissions as needed.
- Design and execute primary recovery operations such as homogenization, centrifugation, inclusion body wash, solubilization, depth filtration, and refolding.
- Design and execute deep well plates for resin and process conditions screening.
- Set-up and operate AKTA FPLC and cross flow systems for protein purification.
- Design and execute purifications for construct screening and material generation
- Run SDS-PAGE gels, western blots, protein concentration, HPLC and endotoxin assay.
- Maintain downstream lab equipment, inventory of reagents and consumables with downstream team
- Record experimental details and observations in the laboratory notebooks in a timely manner.
- Present experimental design, data and research findings in internal team meetings.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- BS or MS or Ph.D degree in biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related field
- Ph.D or MS with 5+ years or BS with 7+ years of experience in purification or downstream process development of recombinant proteins
- Experience working with deep well plates and AKTA FPLC systems for purification of recombinant proteins using affinity, HIC, Ion exchange, SEC chromatography.
- Experience with TFF operation to concentrate and diafilter recombinant proteins.
- Strong theoretical understanding of the principles of chromatography.
- Strong communication skill (oral and written) and ability to work effectively across functions.
- Ability to proactively prioritize and help drive experimental designs forward.
- Growth mindset with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you’ll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.