What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You are a highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative Scientist specializing in delivery of Cas9-gRNA ribonucleoprotein for gene editing. The candidate will work with a world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists on applying Entrada’s cutting-edge drug delivery platform to develop gene editing based pipelines for treating some of the most challenging diseases. Specifically, the candidate will work together with scientists on the team to design, prepare, and characterize the delivery and efficacy of Cas9-gRNA based gene editing systems both in vitro and in vivo. The candidate will contribute to reports and scientific publications as required.
You should also enjoy a fast-paced environment and juggling competing priorities. You follow up and follow through, connecting problems with solutions efficiently. You work successfully in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills to effectively build working relationships inside and outside the company.
In this role you will be responsible for the independent design and implementation of in vitro screening assays to help drive Entrada’s delivery platform for gene editing. You will also be culturing and maintaining cell lines for in vitro studies and developing and optimizing readouts for in vivo samples. You will be in charge of preparing SOPs along with any reports and documentation specific to your projects. You will also be adept at presenting your research data during team meetings as well as contributing to patents, reports, and publications.
- Design and implement in vitro screening assays to help drive Entrada’s delivery platform for Cas9-gRNA ribonucleoprotein
- Culture and maintain cell lines for in vitro study
- Develop and optimize readout assays for in vivo samples
- Prepare SOPs and other reports/documents
- Present data at team meeting, and contribute to patents, reports, and publications
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- PhD in biological sciences, chemical biology, synthetic biology, or a related discipline with 0-3 years of post-doctoral or industry experience; Master’s degree with equivalent experience will be considered
- Demonstrated experience with lab techniques for gene editing (CRISPR-Cas)
- Hands-on experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques (cell culture, DNA/RNA extraction, RT-PCR, qPCR, Western Blot)
- Experience working on delivery systems for biomacromolecules is preferred
- Experience with sequencing and data analysis is preferred
- Experience performing SAR is preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with interdisciplinary team with excellent written and oral communication skills
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you’ll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.