What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You are a highly motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic Senior Scientist excited to support the company at a critical stage in its growth trajectory. You excel in synthesizing oligonucleotides or peptides via solid-phase synthesis, reaction optimization, scaling synthesis protocols, troubleshooting reactions, purification of materials using HPLC and IEX, and performing characterizations using LCMS. If you can perform these activities with minimal supervision, yet thrive in a collaborative setting, this role is for you. At Entrada, you will not be siloed, but rather expected to interact across different functional groups, including Discovery, Process Development, Pharmacology, Product Development, and CRO/CMOs. Your ability and desire to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced, results-driven environment will set you up for success.
In this position you will be responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of small organic compounds and oligonucleotides produced within our Oligonucleotide Process Chemistry group. The materials you produce here will support projects in early discovery, process development, and product development. As such, you will support general lab functions and perform regular maintenance of equipment within our group.
- Responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds and oligonucleotides
- Support general lab functions and perform regular equipment maintenance
- Maintain relationships with vendors and CRO/CMOs to support company goals
- Perform synthesis projects under minimal supervision while leaning on internal and external experts as needed
- Act as a mentor to scientists and research associates as our group continues to grow
- Communicate processes and findings across different formats including authoring and reviewing standard test methods for technology transfer, reports, protocol writing, regulatory filings (IND, IMPD, etc.), patent applications, publications (including review for technical correctness and regulatory compliance) and in internal and external meetings
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
• A Ph.D in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant process chemistry industry experience for a Scientist II level or 4-6 years for a Senior Scientist level; or MSc in Synthetic Organic Chemistry or a related discipline with 7-9 years in process chemistry industry experience for a Scientist II level or 9-11 years for a Senior Scientist level
• A strong background organic chemistry, with emphasis on solid-phase oligonucleotide or peptide synthesis experience is essential
• Experience with scale up or process chemistry is required
• Experience with reverse-phase and ion-exchange purification and LC-MS characterization techniques is valuable
• Experience leading wet chemistry synthetic reactions and solving synthesis issues is highly desirable
• Experience preparing standard protocols
• Experience drafting, reviewing, and submitting required documentation to support regulatory filings
• Experience maintaining relationships with CROs/CMOs and vendors
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Experience working independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with other groups
• An understanding of project timelines and coordinating experiments to meet team objectives
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you’ll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.