What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases.
Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
You are a highly motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic Scientist excited to support the company at a critical stage in its growth trajectory. You excel in synthesizing oligonucleotides or peptides via solid-phase synthesis, bioconjugations, purification of materials using HPLC and IEX, and performing characterizations using LCMS. If you can perform these activities with minimal supervision, yet thrive in a collaborative setting, this role is for you. At Entrada, you will not be soloed, but rather expected to interact across different functional groups, including Discovery, Process Development, Pharmacology and Product Development. Your ability and desire to thrive in a nimble, fast-paced, results-driven environment will set you up for success.
In this position you will be responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotide development candidates within our Discovery Chemistry group. The materials you produce here will support projects in early discovery, process development, and product development. As such, you will support general lab functions and perform regular maintenance of equipment within our group.
- Responsible for the synthesis, purification, and characterization of peptides and oligonucleotides library for SAR studies
- Support general lab functions and perform regular equipment maintenance
- Perform synthesis projects under minimal supervision while leaning on internal and external experts as needed
- Act as a mentor to scientists and research associates as our group continues to grow
- Champion innovation and new initiatives in discovery programs by proactively reviewing literature and other advancements
- Interpret and present research data and findings in internal and external scientific meetings and conferences
- Contribute effectively to patents, reports, and publications of scientific findings
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another.
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients.
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers.
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts.
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory.
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, bioorganic chemistry, or a relevant scientific discipline
- A strong background in organic chemistry, with emphasis on design, synthesis, and purification of peptides and/or oligonucleotides are essential
- Experience with conjugations and formulations is strongly preferred
- Experience with hit optimization, SAR study, target engagement and other medicinal chemistry principals is a plus
- Experience with reverse-phase and ion-exchange purification and LC-MS characterization techniques is highly desirable
- Experience with independently troubleshooting synthetic reactions and solving synthesis issues is highly desirable
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with other groups
- An understanding of project timelines and coordinating experiments to meet team objectives
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you’ll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401(k) package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.