What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is to transform the treatment of devastating diseases and improve patients’ quality of life using intracellular biologics. Leveraging our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV)™ platform, we are creating and advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently target and engage underlying drivers of diseases. Our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses current challenges associated with both large and small molecule therapeutics and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular biologics.
We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease and are excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The Perfect Fit
Come join a highly collaborative environment, be recognized for your contributions, and work on projects to advance novel RNA-based pharmacotherapies for the treatment of rare genetic neuromuscular disorders and other diseases. If you have hands-on experience in pre-clinical pharmacology research involving genetic mouse or rat models and enjoy a combination of hands-on mouse work and histopathologic evaluation of tissues, this position is for you! Must have skills include mouse/rat work (handling, genotyping, dosing, tissue collection). Experience with histopathological analysis of tissues (frozen and/or formalin fixed paraffin embedded section preparation), immunohistochemistry (IHC), imaging, and morphometric analysis would be a bonus. Familiarity with ex-vivo assays such as DNA, RNA and protein preparation, qRT-PCR, Western blot, and ELISA analysis is helpful but not required. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, flexible, and dedicated to the mission of transforming the treatment of devastating diseases through the intracellular delivery of biologics.
Support the Company’s intracellular therapeutics discovery and development efforts and work closely with a highly engaged, world-class, multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists to advance programs from target identification to preclinical proof-of-concept studies to PK/PD analysis.
- Plan and execute preclinical proof of concept studies utilizing multiple genetic mouse models of neuromuscular diseases and other rodent preclinical models.
- Develop in vivo skills including rodent handling, genotyping, drug treatment (IV, IP, IT, SC, I-TUMOR and PO routes), and tissue collection (blood, muscle, and other tissues).
- Perform tissue fixation, embedding, sectioning, mounting, IHC/staining, imaging, and analysis to determine drug treatment efficacy and mouse model characterization.
- Execute and troubleshoot ex vivo assays and techniques including DNA, RNA and protein preparation, qRT-PCR, Western blot, and ELISAs.
- Present data and research findings at team meetings, review meetings, and external conferences
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
- Humanity – We genuinely care about patients and about one another
- Tenacity – We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
- Creativity – We are creative problem solvers
- Collaboration – We are more than the sum of our parts
- Curiosity – We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Bachelor’s, master’s, or equivalent in biology or related field with 1-4 years of in vivo Pharmacology research experience in academia or industry (new graduates are being considered).
- Proficiency in rodent dosing (IV, IP, IT, SC, I-TUMOR and PO routes), blood collection, and tissue/tumor collection.
- Some experience in the preparation and sectioning of frozen or formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue (muscle or brain is preferred but not required), immunostaining, imaging, and morphometric analyses is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to genotype transgenic mice and ability to process ex vivo mouse/rat samples (tissue homogenization, sample preparation, aliquoting, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Research experience in neuroscience, rare skeletal muscle diseases, and/or neuromuscular or primary muscle diseases is a plus, but certainly not required.
- Hands on experience with ex vivo techniques such as qPCR, RT-PCR, and western blot and ELISA analysis is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively across functions.
- Desire to work in an innovative and collaborative environment pursuing high rewarding science.
By becoming a team member here at Entrada, you’ll have access to competitive health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, and short term and long-term disability insurance. We value work life balance, you’ll benefit from discretionary time off, paternity leave, and an excellent 401K package. We also offer a generous transportation stipend to commute as you wish. Our location in the vibrant and growing Seaport District is close to all the best that the city of Boston has to offer.
Entrada Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Third Party Staffing Agencies
Entrada does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters/agencies if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Entrada from recruiters/agencies do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/agency and Entrada and do not obligate Entrada to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.