*This will be a hybrid remote role, with the expectations that the employee is able to report to the Woodlands office on an as needed basis. Other locations such as New Orleans, LA: Jackson, MS; or Little Rock, AR may be considered*
*This position can be filled as an Analyst I, II, III or Sr depending on the expeirence and qualifications of the selected candidate*
- Analytics & Reporting – Develop analyses on large volumes of operational and settlement data and communication results via presentations, dashboards and reports.
- Settlement Monitoring – Responsible for analytical research to determine cause of MISO settlement discrepancies and provide feedback on bidding and offering strategies to Front-Office personnel.
- Settlement Activities – Performing settlements for purchases and sales of natural gas, power, oil, coal and emissions allowances.
- Market Knowledge – Understanding and staying abreast of MISO settlement rules and processes in order to formulate sound recommendations to management on how contractual, market, and regulatory changes will affect Entergy’s operations in the market.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work closely with various groups including Front Office, Operations, Commercial Origination, Finance, and Accounting to analyze market results and support strategic initiatives.
- Stakeholder Support – Participate in the MISO market and stakeholder processes as necessary to support Entergy’s participation in the MISO Market.
- Regulatory & Compliance – Supporting regulatory requirements of RFIs (request for information) and other external data requests on an ad hoc basis, as well as responding to internal RFIs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Leadership – Be an engaged leader on the team, with the ability to transfer knowledge and grow/motivate other individuals, actively work to build relationships within the organization, utilize effective delegation, demonstrate reliability and adaptability, as well as lead/implement assignments with little/no oversight.
- Communication – Routinely communicating with management and various internal groups including Operations, Planning, Front Office, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Treasury, Credit, Information Technology (IT) and Legal.
- Process Improvement – Developing, enhancing, and streamlining processes/procedures for increased efficiency and effectiveness, including updating process documentation and flow charts.
- General Business Support – Supporting other departmental initiatives on an as needed basis.
- Safety – Participating in regular safety meetings and working in a safety-conscious manner.
Minimum education & experience required of the position
- Analyst I – BS/BA in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics and 0 – 2 years Professional Experience, or in lieu of degree, 4 years of professional experience
- Analyst II – BS/BA in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics and 2 – 4 years Professional Experience, or in lieu of degree, 6 years of professional experience
- Analyst III – BS/BA in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics and 4 – 6 years Professional Experience, or in lieu of degree, 8 years of professional experience
- Sr Analyst – BS/BA in a technical field such as Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Economics and 6+ years Professional Experience, or in lieu of degree, 10+ years of professional experience
- MBA, Master’s Degree or Professional Certifications (e.g., CPA) is a plus
- MISO or other RTO/ISO experience is a plus
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- The ideal candidate will have solid analytical skills with attention to detail, will be a self-starter, and will exhibit a commitment to the quality of his/her work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient, and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within Company
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must be a team player with the ability to efficiently become skilled at new systems/processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel skills
- General understanding of energy commodity markets and regional power system operators (e.g. MISO, ERCOT, SPP, PJM, NYISO, ISO-NE, IESO, etc.)
- Experience shadowing ISO settlements, managing/optimizing generating assets, or dispatching power plants in US power markets
- Knowledge of utility accounting, system operations, and/or regulatory processes
- Knowledge of RTO/ISO Energy markets and operations, Power Plant and/or Power System Operations
- Ability to perform complex analysis from a large volume of data and deliver superior results
- Strong focus on continuous process improvement
- Power and/or Gas settlements experience is a plus
- Have ability to assist Day-Ahead Market Operations team in construction of generation offers and demand bids to MISO market
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, complex IF/THEN statements, VBA/Macros) a plus
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) and analytical tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview, or equivalent to create impactful reports, visualizations, and interactive dashboards
- Experience with PCI GenManager and P&L Analyzer
- Experience with database management SQL and SAS programming is a plus