You love solving problems. More than that, you want to take part in solving the defining problem of our time: powering the world sustainably. You’re talented, you’re creative, and you’re focused — but you want to work on a problem that actually matters. And you want to work at a place full of friendly, kind, and mission-oriented people.
We’re the EnergySage engineering team that has built the number one online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing. Through unbiased information, transparency, and choice, we strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online.
Software Engineering Intern
As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll work alongside our professional engineers on our core product, applying your software engineering abilities to build new features and help us continue to improve the experience of buying and selling clean energy products online. You’ll learn industry best practices from your fellow engineers and have immediate opportunities to apply them.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on a cross-functional team with engineers, product managers and designers to build and improve our user-facing online platform
- Support integrations of third party tools (analytics, real-time communications, solar data providers, CRM, etc.)
- Field ad hoc data reporting queries, and implement tools to facilitate future data reporting
- Work with the Engineering Team to tackle new challenges as they arise
What We Look For:
- Undergraduate junior or senior or master’s candidate working towards a degree in computer science or related field
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
- Curious, quick learner, self-starter
- Comfortable with a start-up environment; ability to wear multiple hats, switch gears quickly and pitch in where needed
- Experience with at least some of the tools we use:
- Django or other modern MVC web framework
- Elegant, maintainable cross-device HTML and CSS
- Unit testing, QA, debugging skills
- SQL databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Git or other modern VCS tools
- REST APIs (consumer & provider; e.g., how much solar power can your roof produce?)
- Docker, Ansible, CI, DevOps tools
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job – but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse and inclusive teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.