You love solving problems. More than that, you want to take part in solving the defining problem of our time: powering the world sustainably. You’re talented, you’re creative, and you’re focused — but you want to work on a problem that actually matters. And you want to work at a place full of friendly, kind, and mission-oriented people.
We’re the EnergySage engineering team that has built the number one online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing. Through unbiased information, transparency, and choice, we strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online.
We believe in people and interactions over heavy processes. We value quality and best practices, but are also pragmatic enough to realize that we sometimes have to ship before it’s perfect. We work hard but also value our teammates as people, respecting their time outside of the office — work-life balance is our norm rather than our wish. We have fun but, more importantly, we invest in people, want to see them grow, and empower them to bring new ideas and innovations to life. We have a collaborative team of skilled engineers that support each other in learning and solving hard problems.
We’re the EnergySage Engineering team…Who are you?
You have some experience, maybe even a lot. Either way, you have a lot of talent and are excited to grow and learn. Join us as we strive to be our best — because continuing the modern way of life requires easily accessible renewable energy.
What We Look For:
- 3 – 4+ years of software engineering experience; may be a combination of coursework, internships/co-ops, jobs
- Able to design and implement features in a commercial web application with minimal guidance. Comfortable working with loosely defined requirements and helping to define the right solution.
- Able to work productively and quickly with Python, Django, and MySQL in a Unix environment within a couple of months of being hired.
- Able to debug and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Able to reason about and make smart tradeoffs between data structures, algorithms and efficiency, and object oriented design. (A CS degree is helpful).
- Dependable team player with excellent communication skills
For more information about our tech stack, please see our stackshare here. Candidates are not expected to know all the languages and tools we list, but should be able to learn what is needed for their role (front-end, back-end, or full-stack).
We are EnergySage.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job — but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market. We encourage you to apply even if you have less experience than what is listed. In that case, we would consider you for a different role.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skill sets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.