A note about this position:
We believe that you can be successful in this position without having solar experience. Energy Advisors, come from different backgrounds with a few things in common: They are passionate about people, quick learners, strong communicators, genuinely collaborative, and driven to do their best for our consumers. We have opportunities for individuals who are new to renewable energy and our sales model, as well as those more experienced. Salary commensurate with experience (plus commission-style variable compensation).
If you are interested in exploring this position, but are not sure if you have the experience, we encourage you to submit an application. We will help you learn our business and be successful.
Do well by doing good.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited energy website in the country. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online, and to make renewable energy options more accessible. Our employees love working here (99th percentile employee satisfaction on Glassdoor)– we would love to meet you, too.
Learn more about our team and our company: www.energysage.com/about-us/team
The Energy Advisor role (office-based position)
- EnergySage is a marketplace (think Airbnb, Expedia, etc.) that allows consumers to find and compare solar products and installers.
- The Energy Advisor is the primary point of contact for homeowners who are in the market for a home energy management system (solar + storage).
- You will help consumers understand their options as they move through the shopping journey — and make a huge impact on the world while doing it.
- Energy Advisors are key voices inside the company — often joining important projects that lead to newly-developed consumer experiences.
- This is a high-growth role, with substantive base salary plus uncapped variable compensation.
You’ll thrive in this position if you:
- Can explain, or can learn to explain, solar/renewable energy in clear, understandable terms
- Are consumer-oriented and enjoy interacting with people
- Continuously strive to improve your approach, and thrive on learning from even the tough situations
- Build relationships quickly with consumers, and regularly follow up with them — connecting them with the right information or people
- Love the marketplace model, which helps consumers compare multiple options (other marketplace examples: Airbnb, Expedia, Amazon, etc.)
- Happy to spend the day on calls with consumers, as well as collaborating with the team
What we look for:
- Able to communicate clearly and with impact; bilingual abilities in English and Spanish are a plus
- Consumer/customer-facing experience and desire to achieve sales goals
- Consumer focus – may be in various industries
- Resilience and competitive drive — desire to get better every day
- Willingness and ability to learn new things
- Enthusiasm for solar power, renewable energy, and the marketplace model
- Interest in a base salary + uncapped variable compensation structure
- Solar experience is, of course, helpful — but not required; show us your genuine passion for what we do and your ability to learn quickly
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.