The Content Manager will create and implement engaging, informative digital, online and offline content to establish EnergySage as the thought leader and the leading destination site for customers – both homeowners and commercial property owners alike– to research and shop for solar and other clean energy products, as our marketplace grows. The content will be used for the website, media relations, e-blasts, social media, blogs, SEM, sales enablement as well as partner and channel recruiting, and affinity marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Create new, update existing and maintain informational content (articles, blogs, audio podcasts, video presentations, info-graphics, etc.) about solar and other clean energy products published on EnergySage.com. Develop compelling and accurate content for all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Establish EnergySage.com as the destination site for customers researching solar to find answers to their questions and shop for solar. Develop and execute the brand’s long-term goals and strategies.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to identify solar and other clean energy topics relevant for customers, solar/product providers and partner organizations; topics could include, for example, technical aspects of solar photovoltaic systems, rebates and incentives, financing options like loans and leases, etc.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to collect information for the content. Research would include building relationships with and interviewing key industry stakeholders, literature search, etc. Stay in tune and unearth industry trends.
- Understand and incorporate competitive positioning as well as messaging for EnergySage targets and segments into content.
- Secure appropriate reviews and approvals for all content as required before posting, publishing or promoting.
- Optimize website and all online content for SEO.
- Track, analyze, and improve engagement metrics.
What we look for:
- Clean energy expertise, including solar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to tailor written messages to the audience– and you enjoy writing!
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to research, synthesize and interpret/manipulate data
- Working understanding and experience in content marketing and communications tactics, such as SEO, digital, and social media
- Demonstrated ability to present findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.