Who We Are
Energy Impact Partners (EIP) is a global investment platform leading the transition to a sustainable energy future. EIP brings together bold entrepreneurs and some of the world’s most forward-looking energy and industrial companies to advance clean energy innovation. EIP has over $2 billion in assets under management and invests globally across venture, growth, and credit.
Across EIP’s global team, we have over 55 professionals with offices in New York (HQ), San Francisco, London, Cologne, and Palm Beach.
EIP culture brings together dynamic and diverse professionals to collaborate and achieve our core objectives. By driving forward a culture that respects all ideas, encourages innovation, and inclusive collaboration we hope to achieve superior, risk-adjusted returns for investors, deliver strategic insights to our corporate partners, drive value creation in our portfolio, and prioritize environmental and social outcomes with financial returns for all our investments. Learn more about EIP on our website!
Interns at EIP will work on real-time projects and participate in day-to day activities on our teams to enable the clean energy transition. EIP Interns will be empowered to bring creativity and initiative to their work to allow for a great learning experience and opportunities to discover their passion in finance, clean energy, and more. Our team of innovators, collaborators, and go-getters needs growth-oriented interns to encourage teams and leaders to do better every day.
Interns will be placed on teams based on their interests and educational background. Various teams at EIP are always looking for interns. Example teams are Investment, Investor Relations, Business Development, Research, ESG, Finance, and HR & Operations.
Are you ready to be an Intern at EIP? Join us today by applying using the link on Handshake. We look forward to meeting you!
Intern roles include but are not limited to, those described below:
- Investment: research market trends and dynamics, build company profiles, update relevant databases, build and update financial models
- Investor Relations: update marketing materials to present to potential new investors, support new fundraising efforts, update databases, coordinate due diligence requests
- Business Development: develop materials to support portfolio companies with sales, strategic initiatives, research potential customers, update relevant databases
- Research: research market trends and dynamics, consolidate insights into reports to create internal recommendations and share with external partners, update relevant databases
- ESG: gather environmental impact data internally and across portfolio companies, calculate metrics, support development of environmental impact report
- Finance: gather financial data internally and across portfolio companies, calculate metrics and provide ad-hoc analysis, develop summary materials, support accounting operations as needed
- HR & Operations: create operational efficiencies by streamlining operational and HR processes, defining scope, goals, stakeholders to deliver internal process improvements
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- History of strong academic performance in a relevant field (finance/accounting, business administration, environmental/ sustainability studies, engineering, economics, policy)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, team player, open-minded and not ego-driven
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and/or projects at a time
- Willingness to learn and collaborate
- Be a proactive, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated passion around climate technology and/or sustainability a plus