Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Enel X, a leading global provider of energy related products and services, has an immediate need for a mid-level UX Designer to join our Product Team. The UX Designer draws from a broad range of UX skills—including information architecture, interaction design, usability, and rapid prototyping—to create compelling user experiences that are used by thousands of people on a daily basis to save energy, reduce energy costs, and help them make intelligent energy decisions.
As our ideal candidate, you are a creative big picture thinker with the ability to translate ideas into executable chunks. You were well versed in UX before it was called UX. You are a creative problem-solver who loves to collaborate and iterate via rapid prototyping. You think like an information architect with an understanding of the big picture, and you can apply critical and creative thinking to make products easy to use. You aspire to create “don’t make me think” interaction models. You have the ability to do some visual designs when called upon. This is an opportunity to play a variety of UX roles and have a major influence on the design of an emerging energy services software platform.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
- Collaborate with product managers, software developers, and other stakeholders to design exceptional user experiences for multiple products concurrently;
- Solve complex design problems through a user-centered design process that accounts for user goals, business requirements, and development needs;
- Use a variety of methods to communicate design decisions including sketches, personas, information architecture maps, process and interaction flows, user task analysis, wireframes, storyboards, visual design mockups, and high fidelity prototypes;
- Create low and high-fidelity mobile and web prototype;
- Work with Engineering to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interactive design of the UI through the development process;
- Own and represent the voice of the user throughout the design and development process;
- Continuously improve the product design and development process, incorporating lessons learned and best practices;
- Exhibit a passion for creating great user experiences and a mentality of users first.
Who You Are:
- Ability to iterate quickly with requirements that may be minimal or not well-defined, and to pitch back ideas at the conceptual design level;
- Some experience with conducting user research and voice of the customer activities such as heuristic reviews, interviews, usability tests, and surveys to understand the needs of users and to verify designs;
- Equally comfortable leveraging existing UI components and models and reinventing the wheel;
- Quick, effective learner able to assess our application space/industry/users to determine needs and approach;
- Team player, solutions-oriented, and a consensus builder.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- B.A. or B.S. degree required and 5+ years of experience with current tools for web and product designer;
- B.A. or B.S in interaction design, web design, graphic design, human factors, UX or other design-related field and 3+ years of experience with current tools for web and product design;
- Experience designing SaaS applications for both desktop and mobile environments;
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3;
- Solid knowledge of web UI components and interactions for creating clean/intuitive presentation layer for web applications;
- Knowledge of data visualization along with a mix of low-fidelity and high-fidelity UX design deliverables;
- Experience with a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, InVision, Proto.io, Axure, Balsamiq, and Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign;
- Ability to present and sell design ideas to peers and stakeholders clearly and convincingly;
- Previous experience designing user interfaces in the energy industry, finance, or another industry where data visualization is key;
- Designed cool mobile apps that focused on driving behavior change;
- Experience with HighCharts, D3, Tableau, or other data visualization authoring tools;
- Experience with HTML5/CSS to create front-end presentation UI templates;
- Solid visual design skills or trained in graphic design where you’ve led projects as a Visual Designer.
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.