Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. In the US and Canada Enel operates through three business lines: Enel Green Power, Enel X and Enel Trading. Together our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel X:
Enel X, part of Enel Group, is a global business leading the transformation of the energy sector. We enable consumers, businesses and communities to make smarter decisions about the way energy is created, stored and managed. We are passionate, motivated thinkers who are unified by our mission to change the way the world uses energy. We thrive on solving big problems for our customers and are fueled by our innovation and determination. In the US & Canada, Enel X combines the spirit of a startup with the expertise and infrastructure of a global innovator. We’re opening up the full spectrum of energy innovation to help our customers grow through sustainable energy solutions in the following core areas: Demand Response, Demand Management, Energy Supply Management, Energy Storage and Microgrids, Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicle Charging, Utility Bill Management, and Sustainability. Together, with our passionate people, we are accelerating the pace of change in the energy industry, towards a more efficient and sustainable world.
Enel X, a leading provider of energy intelligence software (EIS) solutions, is in need of a Software Engineering Intern to focus on developing client and middle-tier applications.
This is a six (6) month internship program from January 2022 through June 2022. Applicants must be willing to commit to a 40-hour workweek schedule while employed.
- Develops client tier and middle tier functionality, alongside other members of the
- software engineering team
- Primarily responsible for enhancing current functionality and developing new
- functionality, based on current and future needs
- Coordinates with QA to discover and resolve defects
- Authors and maintains technical specifications
- Works closely with engineers to deliver high quality energy information software to
- the entire organization
- Performs other duties as required
- Experienced in the production of thorough documentation
- Ability to prioritize developmental and operational tasks in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to work within changing deadlines/priorities
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently
- Ability to limit their own distractions in an open office setting
An intern that goes above and beyond
- Experience with: Web Services, Node, AngularJS, Webpack
- Experience with AWS infrastructure: Lambdas, S3, and Cloudfront
- Experience developing rich internet applications for a SaaS
- Experience using IntelliJ or similar IDE
- Experience on Agile/Scrum teams
- Knowledge and understanding of the energy market/domain, including the business needs of end-users
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.