Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. In the US and Canada Enel operates through three business lines: Enel Green Power, Enel X and Enel Trading. Together our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Enel X, a leading provider of sustainable energy solutions, has a need for a Computational Scientist Intern to join our world-class Engineering organization. The Machine Learning Engineer Intern will assist the team in developing and implementing unique time-series forecasting algorithms for a wide variety of energy applications.
Want to work at the intersection of mathematical modeling, software development and climate change? We are looking for a highly motivated intern to be part of the Computational Science team this year! We develop software for optimizing and controlling energy storage systems and other DERs (Distributed Energy Resources) across a wide range of applications and markets, right from conceptualizing algorithms to deploying them in a production environment.
As an intern, you will focus on developing unique and innovating optimization algorithms for our Behind-the-Meter applications, including
- Building tools for extracting, processing, visualizing and analyzing time series data
- Developing optimization algorithms accounting for uncertainties
- Implementing control strategies in our production software suite
- Benchmarking algorithms, in terms of accuracy, computational efficiency and overall effectiveness
The location and duration of the internship are flexible.
- Working towards advanced Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Operations Research
- Experience with machine learning, deep learning, and optimization
- Experience using python
- Familiarity with Git version control
- Ability to clearly communicate results of work to peers
- Ability to schedule communications with US Pacific time zone
- Knowledge of power, energy markets, and tariffs
- Experience building, packaging, and/or deploying containerized Python applications
- Familiarity with Jira or other agile software development
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.