Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. In the US and Canada Enel operates through three business lines: Enel Green Power, Enel X and Enel Trading. Together our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel X:
Enel X, part of Enel Group, is a global business leading the transformation of the energy sector. We enable consumers, businesses and communities to make smarter decisions about the way energy is created, stored and managed. We are passionate, motivated thinkers who are unified by our mission to change the way the world uses energy. We thrive on solving big problems for our customers and are fueled by our innovation and determination. In the US & Canada, Enel X combines the spirit of a startup with the expertise and infrastructure of a global innovator. We’re opening up the full spectrum of energy innovation to help our customers grow through sustainable energy solutions in the following core areas: Demand Response, Demand Management, Energy Supply Management, Energy Storage and Microgrids, Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicle Charging, Utility Bill Management, and Sustainability. Together, with our passionate people, we are accelerating the pace of change in the energy industry, towards a more efficient and sustainable world.
This is a six (6) month internship program from January 2022 through July 2022. Applicants must be willing to commit to a 40-hour workweek schedule while employed.
Enel X, a leading provider of Demand Response and Battery Storage Systems, has an immediate need for a Systems Engineering Intern to join our world-class Global Operations team. Our Systems Engineering team is responsible for monitoring and maintaining tens of thousands of remote site servers worldwide, as well as developing a variety of software tools focused on operational efficiency and automation.
This is a highly visible role where you will utilize your software development, troubleshooting, analytical, and communications skills to support a variety of hardware and cloud platforms, and build small, to sophisticated, software tools. You will work closely with our Systems Engineers as well as other internal Operations & Engineering teams in this role.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
- Monitor and maintain connectivity between the Network Operations Center (NOC) and 10,000+ remote site servers
- Support internal users by providing access to, and information from the site server network
- Build software tools using Rapid Application Development (RAD) techniques
- Provide updates and user support for our software tools
- Migrate and test tools from our legacy datacenter to AWS
- Studying software engineering, computer science, or other related technical fields
- Experience deploying code to AWS, Ubuntu/Linux, and Windows systems
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Asana, Confluence, JIRA, Aha!, is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn and use other software applications and systems
- Clear verbal and written communications skills
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work, balancing long term projects with short term time-sensitive issues
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds, • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies, or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.