Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. In the US and Canada Enel operates through three business lines: Enel Green Power, Enel X and Enel Trading. Together our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel X:
Enel X, part of Enel Group, is a global business leading the transformation of the energy sector. We enable consumers, businesses, and communities to make smarter decisions about the way energy is created, stored, and managed. We are passionate, motivated thinkers who are unified by our mission to change the way the world uses energy. We thrive on solving big problems for our customers and are fueled by our innovation and determination. In the US & Canada, Enel X combines the spirit of a startup with the expertise and infrastructure of a global innovator. We’re opening up the full spectrum of energy innovation to help our customers grow through sustainable energy solutions in the following core areas: Demand Response, Demand Management, Energy Supply Management, Energy Storage and Microgrids, Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicle Charging, Utility Bill Management, and Sustainability. Together, with our passionate people, we are accelerating the pace of change in the energy industry, towards a more efficient and sustainable world.
Enel X has a need for a Data Operations Intern to join our world-class Operations organization. The mission of the Data Operations team is to provide support and expertise to strategically improve Enel X’s data health. The team is responsible for validating and monitoring customers’ energy data for many of Enel X’s product offerings and developing solutions to resolve the root causes of any data discrepancies or anomalies that are detected. We are also responsible for working with utilities and customers to retrieve utility interval meter data and billing data as well as maintaining all authorizations to work with customer data. Interval meter data is a critical input to most of our products, including our Demand Response programs across North America, our Energy Management Software, our electric car charging stations, and our Battery Storage Systems that are powered from renewable energy and traditional grid sources. All of these products are designed to help customers save on their utility bills and reduce their carbon footprint, transforming the way the world uses energy. The team is responsible for analyzing data both from our own hardware installed at facilities and also with 3rd party data providers and utilities. Many of our tools are built and managed by our team in R, Python, and Excel.
Must be available from January 2022 – July 2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze, identify and correct data quality issues within our Energy, Customer, and Financial platforms (Enel X application and CRM tools);
- Develop a deep understanding of customer energy load profiles and data quality standards;
- Respond to and/or escalate customer questions about data quality;
- Validate data for installations at new and existing sites;
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes or tools;
- Provide status updates to the Data Operations team regarding progress and potential roadblocks;
- Provide exceptional service to our Utility customers, providers, and internal customers;
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with internal customers;
- Meet service level agreements for outreach and delivery of all data requests throughout North America and international regions;
- Perform customer outreach for bills and data authorization forms;
- Develop and maintain internally built tools in Excel, Python, and R to pull data and perform transforms/analyses at scale.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Pursuing a degree in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, or other analytical fields;
- Prior experience in or passion for the lean tech sector and sustainability solutions;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Desire to learn new technologies and develop expertise in demand response/energy management;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment.
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.