Animator Intern (Summer 2022) – Maxis
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
We are looking for a character animator intern under the EA Maxis Label to join us for a Summer 2022 internship opportunity.
- You will create expressive character animation that portrays a wide range of emotions
- You will deliver content on schedule that meets technical requirements
- You will perform as a contributor of the animation production process
- You will use both Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game
- You will work with Senior Animators to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements
- You will make sure all work is submitted in a clean and organized manner, consistent with team conventions.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program and are slated to graduate after May 2023
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime basis during the 12-week internship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- You have experience using Maya
- You exhibit strong traditional animation principles (timing, weight, spacing, squash and stretch, etc…) and be able to demonstrate that knowledge
- You have an understanding and love of video games and video game animation
- You have animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems
- You have the ability to take direction well and iterate on animation work
- You are self-motivated towards solving creative problems
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
Demo Reel Submission Expectations (Please note, applications without a demo reel will not be considered for this opportunity):
- Must represent skill set in 3D animation
- Must contain animations on bi-ped characters
- Must contain animations that show facial expressions
- Contain animation that shows full body locomotion
- Contain animation that shows a character performance within an environment (Lip-sync, push and pull, social etc..)