Process engineering position focused on manufacturing and testing Microchannel plates. The Manufacturing Engineer position responsibilities include:
- Working with and training bargaining unit employees to improve work processes and product quality;
- Optimizing manufacturing and testing processes/ equipment and implementing cost reduction opportunities (yield and productivity improvements, waste elimination);
- Using data analytics techniques to help identify areas of concern to be worke don or areas of improvement.
- Evaluating product quality using stereo microscopes or other means to verify operator workmanship or help determine root cause of process/ yield issues
- Partnering with R&D engineers to enhance the performance characteristics of the microchannel plates and implement new product ideas
- Diagnosing process and equipment issues and working with maintenance teams to keep equipment running optimally;
- Working to minimize or eliminate safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity problems
- Using process equipment, test instruments, and precision gauges in appropriate situations
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Glass/ Ceramics, Materials Engineering or Equivalent
- 0-2 years technical experience in a manufacturing environment doing yield and process improvement work.
- Ability to respect, work and collaborate well with others with a range of technical capabilities from process operator to production supervisor to engineering colleagues
- Effective communication and documentation skills
- Proficiency with MS Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or equivalents.
- Experience with statistical analysis software; Minitab, JMP, SAS, R or others
- Experience with statistical analysis techniques and SPC
- Prior clean room production experience
- Exposure to various forms of deposition processes (e-beam evaporation, sputtering), other vacuum equipment, and wet etching processes
- Experience writing complex MS Access queries (linking multiple tables, using If statements or other functions, etc…) or equivalent programming understanding
- Exposure to or knowledge of Six Sigma concepts
- Exposure to or knowledge of experimental design concepts
- Ability to handle multiple high priorities with some managerial input/ oversite
- Interest in learning to use advanced statistical tools for process regulation and improvement
- Ability to collaborate with facets of the Night Vision organization outside of engineering
- Willingness to be a team player who sometimes work independently and sometimes with team mates