When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. You change lives and help make the world a better place, every day. We onboard you, train you, and support you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers. We give every sales person here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and our business grow. Success in sales can lead to a long lasting career path at EF. We’ve seen people grow into marketing, operations, finance, technology or anywhere else your skills and passions can help our business the most.
The Tour Consultant role with EF is a dynamic sales job where you work directly with either educators or individual travelers interested in exploring the world. You will be part of a tight-knit team led by a Sales Director and run your own book of business. The sales strategy emphasizes relationship-building and consultative conversations. The culture emphasizes passion, fun, and positive attitudes.
We’ll be counting on you to:
- Build relationships over the phone with potential customers; assess their travel needs and goals and help them choose the right tour experience
- Acquire new customers, repeat the ones you have, and help more and more people discover the world
- Work with your trainer, team, and manager, and use your own initiative, to develop your sales technique and professional skill set
- Take responsibility for your own sales growth strategy
- Deliver a beautiful customer experience
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes peoples’ lives
People from all different professional and educational backgrounds have thrived in this role and we believe that there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate; so, if any of the below statements resonate with you, please apply!
- You are eager to start, or expand, your career in sales with a role that offers real responsibility and accountability
- You are fiercely competitive and motivated by goals
- You are a natural networker and great communicator
- You don’t subscribe to the phrase “that’s not my job”
- You are excited by the opportunity to spread travel and education – though, please note: a passport and college degree are not required to work here!
- You nail the details and never lose sight of the big picture
- You are energized by the challenge of influencing people
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinx+@EF, API@EF, Jewish@EF, Indigenous@EF and Parents@EF). You can expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.edu/