EF Educational Tours is seeking a passionate, energetic, entrepreneurial Copywriter to join our in-house marketing and creative team based in Boston.
Please note: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
Who we are:
We’re not your typical in-house agency. We’re an integrated team of about 45 staff: writers, designers, video editors, producers, photographers, marketing managers, lead-generators, and more. We make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are a novice improv performer, a pet portrait artist, a metal band bass player, and even a former wrangler of a fainting goat named Brian. We’re a passionate crew that focuses on making great work, and we have lots of fun doing it. Want to know more? Read up on our creative philosophy at ef.design.
- We’re looking for a kickass copywriter who has:
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas and inspiring copy.
- 2–4 years of multi-channel copywriting experience on everything from print to digital to merch and beyond.
- The brain of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver.
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn.
- The ability to challenge the norm, but also knows how, where, and when to give.
- The motivation to chime in with new ideas and new ways of working and thinking.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling, strong attention to detail, and a propensity for nerding out over a well-crafted style guide.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines.
- A growing interest in other creative disciplines and the ability to give critical feedback to your design partners.
- A working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign (for copyediting purposes).
- The ability to self-manage your time efficiently and see projects through independently.
- An amazing online portfolio of your work. (This one’s non-negotiable.)
If this role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you don’t tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.
EF Education First was founded over 55 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. So everything we create for EF Tours is designed to enable educators to broaden their students’ perspectives through travel.
That manifests in the widest range of projects you’ll ever find at one job. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all—from 200-page catalogs to billboards, web toolkits to videos, digital campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the copy on the tags).
Why you’ll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our “EFinity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinx@EF, API@EF, Jewish@EF, Indigenous@EF and Parents@EF). You can expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.