Engineering Co-op (Design & Development)
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research. Everywhere you find vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way.
From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, whilst helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
If you are a bright engineering student looking for a challenging design & development co-op opportunity with a world leader, please apply today! We expect this position will last approximately 3 months – start/end dates flexible.
· Lead design and development work on NPI as well as Line Extension Projects under the guidance of Sr Engineer
· Execute upon requests for Drawings Generation, BOM Generation, and ECOs
· Translate Test Data into meaningful insights using statistical tools and analytical tools
· Generate ideas that will enhance product functionality and performance
· Support Production Team on the drawing, specification changes that will yield to reduction in Cycle Time and improve quality
· Develop Test Protocols for design verification tests and execute the tests to collect data
· Execute Engineering Qualification Plans to validate design changes and supplier changes
· Lead Design Reviews to outline Technical Risks and Mitigation Plans
· Provide high quality Design Outputs including Drawings, Analysis Reports, and other Design History Records
· Junior or Senior working towards BS in Mechanical Engineering
· Interest in Design and Development of Industrial Products or Masters in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience
· structural and/or fluids experience in ANSYS or similar simulation software
· ProE / Solidworks Modeling for subassembly and system design
· Interest in developing innovative solutions through product development resulting in Intellectual Property / Patents
· experience in applying statistics in Design and Development process through coursework
· Track record of having driven work assignments to completion, with accuracy and timeliness
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.