Senior Organizational Consultant (US Remote Eligible)
At Edward Jones, the Human Resources division utilizes people expertise to proactively drive high-impact solutions that deliver firm results. Cultivating a highly talented and inclusive workforce, you’ll guide an exceptional associate experience, enabling them to do their best work. Here, you’ll enable continued firm growth through professional and leadership development, workforce and succession planning, inclusion & diversity, and talent acquisition and engagement. By driving these human resources solutions, your work will serve both firm and associates’ best interests and support Edward Jones being recognized as a Best Place to Work.
Edward Jones is undergoing a transformational change, and organizational development is even more critical to ensuring that leaders are intentionally and actively building their capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness. We are seeking an experienced Organizational Design expert to join our internal consulting team. The Organizational Consulting team is responsible for diagnosing organizational and human capital needs and developing, delivering and scaling capabilities that are critical accelerators of business strategies in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex environment. We are seeking an individual with a passion for Organizational Design and a desire to grow their impact by facilitating complex organizational designs and leading the development of our internal organizational design capabilities.
The Organization Consulting team is a part of the Talent Management team in Human Resources. The Organization Consulting team is a center of excellence for Workforce Planning, Organizational Design and Team Effectiveness. Within our areas of expertise, we are responsible for diagnosing organizational and human capital needs and developing, delivering and scaling capabilities that are critical accelerators of business strategies in a rapidly changing and increasingly complex environment. We are seeking a person to join our team who has excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills; with the ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams. Successful candidates must be an experienced Organizational Design expert and be capable of translating a vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
Sr. Consultants work as strategic partners with senior leadership team to better enable associates and leaders at all levels to effectively deliver value to our clients, colleagues and communities. Senior Organizational Consulting role is to:
- Analyze business priorities and diagnose business needs to create/support targeted interventions
- Design effective organizational design strategies, processes and change initiatives.
- Lead design teams to integrate change management activities into overall project plans, and work within and across teams of experts (e.g., business leaders, functional experts, communications and HR) in the formulation of plans and activities to support design efforts.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of organizational changes.
- Mentor colleagues, work on projects as an individual contributor and lead teams of consultants to successful design of operating models fit to activate business strategies.
- Utilize the full set of organization development tools and methods, including organization diagnostics, organizational design, strategy formulation and execution, change management, and leadership effectiveness
- In partnership with Organizational Consulting leader, formulate and execute team’s strategy, including development of team’s capabilities through role modeling, teaching and coaching
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in an internal or external consulting role with senior leaders and Human Resources colleagues to diagnose needs and develop/implement organizational development (organizational design, workforce planning and/or change) solutions. Needs to have additional relevant career experience influencing teams, building subject matter expertise and delivering results.
- At least two years of experience leading and coaching others, either directly or indirectly.
- Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, Human Resources, or a related discipline; PhD preferred
- Solid understanding of business concepts, strategic alignment and identification of talent implications
- Demonstrated ability to use diagnostic skills to translate the theories into practical applications that improve business results
- Solid understanding in organizational development, including workforce planning, change management, organizational design, leadership development and broad talent management disciplines
- Excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills; with the ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams; capable of translating a vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
- Ability to form, initiate and carry through design to implementation and measurement
- Proven engagement and consulting skills; ability to build strong relationships and work effectively in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to influence multiple levels of the organization and build proven relationships with colleagues
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong project planning and management skills, and the ability to gracefully handle multiple priorities
- Strong comfort dealing with ambiguity and managing change; demonstrates a growth mindset
- Strong capability and bravery to “tell the truth” to senior leadership and gain necessary sponsorship for organizational development interventions that are critical to achieving business objectives
- Prosci/ACMP certification and Six Sigma experience encouraged
- PHR/SPHR Certification a Plus
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.