While working in a dynamic and collaborative interdepartmental cross-plant team environment, the Junior Industrial Engineer will support the Engineering and other operational teams by offering a qualified engineering-based approach to new and proposed projects and responsibilities. The role will support projects which create new opportunities, and/or bring improvements to existing, equipment and systems of food material handling, processing, and packaging. Working closely with the Process/Project Engineer, they will analyze current practices against best practices to drive change in an organization that puts the highest value on continuous improvement.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Junior Industrial Engineer will:
· Manage and maintain all facility and site plans (drawings) and records, as well as manufacturing system drawings. Will be well versed in all existing utilities, support systems, and infrastructure.
· Manage manufacturing and support system plans (manuals, specifications, and drawings) as well as manufacturing support systems (boiler capacity, on-site nitrogen capacity, etc.…)
· Manage site/grounds, utilities, and infrastructure support programs, contractors, and project schedules when applicable. Evaluates contractor agreements for cost / benefit considerations. Builds and maintains relationships with contractors and 3rd party resources.
· Lead in Research and Devolvement of new projects in any area (site/office/off-site…) as well as modifications to existing systems.
· Perform SME sanitary design review of existing systems as well proposed new machines and process systems.
· Engineer, design, and develop company projects such as space allocation and design fit for future equipment and process systems, optimizes existing manufacturing and building support systems.
· Document and elaborate P & IDs and mass flow diagrams.
· Partners with appropriate teams to investigate and troubleshoot any problems that arise with processes, procedures, and operations of new and existing company systems.
· Assist project management teams with project startups and commissioning and validations as requested
· Participate in all R&D plans & test runs, reports result when applicable
· Take concepts from paper to test/trial to procure to install to validation
· Provide reports to management in regards to all engineering activities, schedules, budget projected/attained, deviations, etc.
· Be involved in all sustainability efforts as well as waste systems, recycling efforts, and renewed energy. On site authority / liaison with local authorities such as water supply and septic systems.
· Assist with safety program management by contributing in incident investigations by providing engineering explanations and analysis of situations. Join others to identify and develop preventative measures and solutions to issues, ensuring OSHA and company regulated safety conformance.
· BS Engineering Degree in one of the following: Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Packaging, or Materials Engineering
· 0-2 years of engineering experience in industrial process and process systems.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills based on proven data and root cause analysis.
· Direct experience with manufacturing facilities safety and quality programs.
· Demonstrated ability to provide complex and innovative solutions to process engineering problems and challenges.
· Proficient oral and written skills.
· Experience with a continuous process discipline such as Six Sigma/Lean/TQM manufacturing environment.
· Computer proficiency in software applications/environments (AutoCAD) required for analyzing, monitoring, costing, and reporting.
General office environment; occasionally works in production and warehouse areas. High utilization of computer system, office equipment, phone, computer, etc.
The requirements described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.